Sunday 27 September 2009

Some Famous Indian Festivals and Their Meanings

There are a lot of festivals celebrated all over the world. They all have some meanings and reasons behind the celebrations. Here are some Indian festivals and how they originated.

All festivals celebrated in India have its own meaning and reasons. Most of the festivals are colorful. Though there are many festivals, I love the below five, as they are celebrated in my home. I remember those days when were young, how I longed for a festival day. We used to get new dresses, lot of sweets, gathering of relatives to share happiness, etc… The truth is, gone are those days, in this mechanical life now. By recollecting those moments to put it here in words, I felt the happiness spreading inside me.

To know more, click here

No comments: